Sunday, April 26, 2009

Can you describe a kumquat's taste?

I was trying to explain this to a friend of mine who was making a kumquat sauce (why she would make the sauce if she had no idea what it tastes like is just one of her quirks) and I found myself unable to explain the taste or give it a good comparison. Can anyone here?

Can you describe a kumquat's taste?
I would say a cross between a tangerine and orange with maybe a little kiwi flavor thrown in.
Reply:Acquired. Just kidding. Sweeter than an orange, when I first tried one my grandmother said I was supposed to eat the whole thing, rind and all, so I did, It wasn't bad. The rind isn't too bitter, just very orange. So I would probably describe the taste of the sauce of bitter-sweet, tangy and very orange.


No comments:

Post a Comment