Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kumquat tree questions?

I have a dwaft Kumquat tree planted in my backyard. It is in full sunlight but only about one year old. What is the best way that I can take care of it and do I need to give it supplemental feeding??





Thanks so!

Kumquat tree questions?
Kumquats require care akin to most other citrus.





When fruiting, keep it watered regularly, but don't over water it or drown it.





Use a citrus fertilizer (I use 10-6-4 or 8-4-8) about every three-four months or so (about 3 times a year).





Prune it (if desired) after the growing season.











Oh-- protect it from frost if your winters get cold (colder than zone 8).





One more thing I forgot- make sure you DON'T over fertilize because you can burn the tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment