Thursday, November 12, 2009

How do I care for a kumquat?

I recieved a 5 gallon tree free from my boss, and I can have another one, if I want it, but;


A. They are kinda dried up, but salvagable.


B. I don't know if they're good trees to have.


C. I would have to grow one of them in a planter.

How do I care for a kumquat?
We had one when I was a kid in So. Ca. Nice small tropical looking tree. Ours was 15 yr. old and only 10'. I liked them fresh, preserves and salted. Have seen them in planters more than in the ground. They are pretty cool, take them.
Reply:If it freezes in winter, best to have in container so you can move to shelter.





You would care for like any other citrus tree. They don't get huge and can be an ornamental sort of large shrub. The fruit is kinda neat - kids like them, and they make good marmalade/preserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment